The HP 3789B is a more powerful test set offering outstanding
monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities. A built-in demultiplexer allows it to perform measurements on both
DS1 and DS3 signals from a OS3 access point. On equipment using the new C-bit parity frame format, the HP 3789B
can measure the end-to-end performance of a transmission path in both directions simultaneously from a single
access point. The instrument can operate with test patterns that are unframed, or framed in M 13 or C-bit parity
format. A comprehensive error injection facility allows for stress-testing of equipment and interfaces. It can
generate and detect the new "DS3 Idle" signal.
3789B Options Installed
- 003 : 2nd measurement capability (including C-bit parity generation / measurement and jitter measurements at both DS1 and DS3)
- 011 : Built-in 3.5 inch disc drive
- 200 : BNC Connectots on Tx & Rx
HP 3789B quotation today.
Tel: +44 020 8572 5599
Fax: +44 020 8538 1899
Or Email Us
Agilent / HP |
Telecomms & Datacomms
Star Buys |
Test Equipment |
(All trademarks acknowledged) E. & O. E.
Measurements of timing jitter on both the DS3 signal and on any of
the twenty-eight embedded OSI digroups are optionally available. Jitter-induced faults are normally very difficult
to fault-find, but the comprehensive error and jitter measurement capability of the HP 3789B diagnoses problems
easily and quickly. The built-in access switch controller allows the HP 3789B to selectively measure on a number
of DS3 inputs via HP 3756A Access Switches to form a powerful stand-alone monitoring system. An optional built-in
disc drive caters for extended data logging applications. Where even more powerful monitoring capability is
required, both HP-IB and RS-232-C ports are standard for use with a remote controller.
HP 3789B Applications
- System turn up checks
- Routine testing of trunks
- Fault sectionalization
- Identifying fault mechanisms
- Service quality verification
- Outage detection & isolation
- Trouble referral verification
- And more...
Agilent / HP 3789B Features
- Built-in DS3 to OS 1 demultiplexer
- Error & jitter tests at DS1 & DS3
- External events and voltages monitor inputs
- M13 &C-Bit parity generation &measurement
- DS3 idle signal generation & detection
Ask for HP 3789B detailed specification.